Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Monday, April 23, 2007

Hungry...

As I was reading my friend Jamie's most recent blog entry a couple of days ago on the subject of baptisms (specifically baptism in the Holy Spirit), I came to the conclusion that perhaps that (or not having that, in my case) might be why I'm never really satisfied when seeking after the Lord...It's like I can never get close enough...I'm never filled up, I'm always left hungry. Now I'm not saying that all of this is because I have yet to receive this particular baptism. I'm not perfect, and yes...there are probably many things that I could be doing differently to get closer to what I'm so desperately seeking, but I'm not, and that needs to change.

I've started to feel lately, that I'm missing a piece to a puzzle that everyone else has long since finished...It's frustrating...

I have more thoughts on this, but I haven't quite figured out how to unravel them yet...

For now, I'll just quote something Jamie posted a while back on the subject of Freedom...which I guess, in a sense, is what I'm looking for...Freedom to be able to know my Saviour like never before...

Freedom. It's coming. It's available to each of us. It's that distant sound, that faint rumble of thunder. There is a cleansing rain approaching, that water of life that is getting ready to fall.

Freedom is coming.

Hallelujah!

4 Comments:

  • At Monday, April 23, 2007 at 3:47:00 PM EDT, Blogger Jamie A. Grant said…

    Wow, someone quoting me. That's crazy!

    I wouldn't say that this hunger that you're describing will simply be filled if you are baptized in the Holy Spirit. Hopefully you will remain hungry for God all of your life.

    However, baptism in the Holy Spirit will certainly be one more step in your journey, and it will certainly connect you with God in a new and powerful way. It's like a new way to take a drink of living water.

     
  • At Monday, April 23, 2007 at 3:54:00 PM EDT, Blogger Ashleigh said…

    I'm not suggesting that baptism is a quick fix at all (though I can see how that conclusion was drawn, and I'll adress that in a follow up blog when I have time to dig deeper). What I'm saying is that I feel like I've hit a wall, like I can't go any further without it. Is Baptism the only answer to breaking that wall down? No. But I can't shake the feeling that it is something that I need to do.

    Make sense?

     
  • At Monday, April 23, 2007 at 10:21:00 PM EDT, Blogger Jamie A. Grant said…

    Makes sense, well said.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 2:42:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (((hug)))

    I don't have time to post a long comment, but freedom IS coming.

    God has just lifted a major burden off me and my family and I'm so relieved!

    Hope your burdens will be lighter soon.

    Love
    Steph

     

Post a Comment

<< Home