Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Bumped...

For almost 2 years now, I've been dealing with a pretty severe chronic pain problem. It showed up literally over night in July of 2005....All this time and still no concrete diagnosis, despite countless tests, visits to the ER, and too many pain killers to count. I don't talk about it much because people just don't need to hear about it. Plus it tends to evoke pity from people, which I don't need. I'm only bringing it up now because I think I might FINALLY be close to getting some answers...failing that, I'll at least have it better controlled soon.

I received a phone call yesterday from the pain management clinic, informing me that my original appointment date of July 5th has been bumped up to May 28th. I know it doesn't sound like blog worthy news and normally it wouldn't be, but the new date just happens to fall during the time when my best friend and her family will be visiting from Georgia. She'll be coming with me to this appointment, which is good because doctors seem to have this thing about not taking me seriously when I'm alone. I'll be nice to have her there to make sure that I'm not treated like a doormat, or worse...an addict. Originally, I had thought that my mother might come down, but with my best friend being in town then, she won't have to...She can't really afford to miss work anyway. The other major upside to my best friend going with me (other than I get to SEE her finally) is that she's a Christian. My mother isn't. As much as I love my mother, I feel like having someone there with me who shares my love of Jesus will make the day a little less stressful.

To those of you who have known about this pain issue for a while and have been praying for me...THANK YOU! This may be the answer we've all been praying for...

I just find it really interesting that this news came on the weekend of the anniversary of my baptism. This weekend seems like it could be VERY interesting...maybe even somehow miraculous...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home