Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Friday, March 30, 2007

Resurrection...

This Sunday is Palm Sunday. This is the day that marks Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem in the days prior to His suffering and crucifixion for our sins. Palm Sunday holds a very special place in my heart this year (as I'm sure it will in years to come) because it marks the one year anniversary of my water baptism. I truly believe that what I did that day symbolized much more than just my willingness to follow the words of Jesus...I believe it was, in a sense, a symbol of MY resurrected life in Christ.

As I look back on some things that have happened over the course of this year, I can't help but be truly awestruck by the incredible love of Jesus. He has taken me from a place of complete and utter darkness, and truly shown me what Light really looks like. Although, if I'm being totally honest...I think I've let darkness over run me lately.

If you've read my previous post, you have a pretty good idea of the situation I'm facing...things are not going well right now. Since I posted that blog last night, I've had some time to think and I started wondering...Jesus' disciples were overcome with a similar sense of overwhelming fear and anxiety when they thought they were doomed to die on the stormy sea. (See Luke 8:22-25). As I read this story, Jesus' response hit me like a brick upside my head... "Where is your faith?" That's a good question...Maybe it got lost in the fear of failure, or just slipped away when it got too hard to hold onto...Of course, it could be buried under the rubble left by the question "Did God really say this to me in the first place?"

Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV) defines faith this way: "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

How can we say we truly, faithfully trust God if we doubt? Doubt is the enemy's greatest weapon. One false prophecy is sometimes all it takes to shake someone...Or maybe it was something bigger, like a step of faith that looks like it's failed...Maybe it has. Or maybe it was never intended to work out as YOU planned it. Maybe I'm not supposed to finish this course at all...that's a possibility. But what if I'm just not supposed to finish it the same way everyone else is. I haven't got a clue which is right to be honest. All I CAN do is take this one year anniversary to re-discover my Father, and my faith.

After all, He did open doors for me to be able to sing on the platform for the first time this weekend. A year ago, when I up on that platform re-committing my life to Jesus, I would have told you you were crazy if you told me what I would be doing a year later. I never thought it was possible.

Do you think it's just a coincidence that my first week up falls on this particular Sunday? I don't believe in coincidences...

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, March 30, 2007 at 9:52:00 PM EDT, Blogger David Grant said…

    Ashleigh, I love your heart and your passion for God.

    When Jesus asked the disciples, Where is your faith? They weren't to look inside themselves for this mystical faithy thing. Their faith was to be in Him. Some people get rapped in looking for a faith feeling almost as if it is something that comes from within.

    Hebrews 12:2 sums it up best. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus...

    By the way this Sunday is the day before passover on the Jewish calendar. That's the anniversary of the last supper.

    Happy baptism anniversary!

     
  • At Friday, March 30, 2007 at 9:55:00 PM EDT, Blogger Ashleigh said…

    Thank you for clearing up the point I was trying to make David.

    Your words are very much appreciated.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home