Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Drowning...

I feel like I'm drowning. I've haven't felt this completely overwhelmed in a long time....

School has always been busy, but things have really gotten out of control over the last week and a half or so...I have been in gargantuan amounts of pain lately which left me unable to go to school at all this week, with the exception of one Sociology class on Tuesday, and I even had to leave that class to go take medication. As a result, I am WAY behind in most of my classes. I've e-mailed them and explained my situation (along with a doctor's note that verifies my story), but I'm not sure what can be done with a week or so of regular classes to go before final exams.

I'm not posting this to complain or seek pity, more to just release some pressure in hopes that I'll be able to focus on what I have to do. What I would appreciate, though, is prayer. I'm terrified that this situation may cause serious problems with my final grades, and my ability to continue on to my next program in September.

I'm struggling with a lot of guilt over this as well...Should I have gone to school anyway despite the pain, even though there was no way I could have focused properly? I'm feeling extremely attacked right now...What is it that God has planned for me that Satan wants so much to keep me from?

Despite all of this, I can say from the bottom of my heart that if it weren't for my friends being around me and supporting me through this mess (either by just listening to me rant on the phone, or reading massive ranting e-mails, or getting me out of the house to divert my focus for a few hours), I would be curled up in the fetal position right now.

It's funny how God works isn't it? When it seems like your world is falling in around you...He brings people in to surround you and keep the walls from crushing your spirit.

I'm so thankful for each of them...Someday, I'll figure out a way to return the favor.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home