Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Friday, April 27, 2007

Choose life....

Fear is an instinct....Faith is a CHOICE...

I got that word at about 3:00am as I was studying for the last of my finals (which I leave for in about 10 minutes) today. The truth of took me aback at first. Think about it...what is your gut reaction when things go horribly wrong? If you're like me, it's probably fear...whether it's there for 3 seconds or 3 hours, it's there. Does that mean we lack faith or trust in God to see us through? No. It just means that in that moment, we have forgotten that faith is a CHOICE. I can't speak for anyone but me, and maybe this is because I am still new at this whole life-in-God's-hands thing, when I receive a blow to my expectations, hopes or dreams (or all 3), I lack the ability to make that choice initially. I have to consiously stop what I'm doing/thinking and hand the situation over to God.


It's not instinctual for me....yet

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home