Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Monday, March 12, 2007

The good, the bad, and the just plain wrong...

The Good...Yesterday, I attended my first rehearsal with the music team at GTA, and I must say, I had a blast. I've always loved music. It's actually served as an equalizer for me throughout most of my life. Like, when I'm part of a theatre production, talent show or choir, my disability matters less....For those few minutes on that stage, I'm the girl who sings instead of the girl in the wheelchair. I do want to make something clear however, I did not join the music team in an attempt to be "normal"...I did it because I felt God calling me to. I'm not sure exactly why He did, but until I find out, I'm content to know that I'm walking in complete obedience. Things went well overall I think, aside from a few times where I felt I was really struggling to jump to the higher octave. I'll get it eventually...Hopefully before the end of the month....Here's hoping I don't sound like complete trash! HA HA!

The Bad...I heard back from my professor on Friday, and it turns out that she wasn't able to find me a placement in the college like she hoped. I had a placement at the beginning of the semester, but because of problems getting a ride there (this place is clear across town from me), my professor and I thought it best that we try and look into another placement option. She told me that I should ask the lady I worked under at this place if she still has the time logs from when I volunteered there last year. If she does, then my professor said she would just give me credit for the hours I have. Nice huh? I just have to wait to hear back from this place to know whether or not the logs still exist...

The Just Plain Wrong...I called the Registrar's Office at my college today to see if my bus pass had been turned in yet. Nope. I'm still holding out hope that it will be turned in, but since I lost it on Wednesday and it hasn't shown up yet, chances are it won't. That means that I have to somehow find $50 to replace my student ID card and bus pass ($25 each). Not too mention have my SIN card replaced. Oh and did I mention that the college only replaces bus passes on Fridays? That means that I need to shell out more money for bus tickets for school this week...Another $10. Here's what I'm having a problem with...What kind of thought process does it take to pick up something that doesn't belong to you and keep it rather than doing what any person with a conscience would do, and turn it in to somebody and say "Hey...I found this. Can you hold onto it until someone comes asking for it?" Is it really that hard to do? Oh but wait...Here's the real kicker...He didn't touch any of my money, which he could have easily done since both my credit and debit cards were in there. On top of that, my NAME and STUDENT ID are clearly visible as soon as you open the pouch. I dunno about you, but I'm thinking' that would have been a teeny clue that IT WASN'T HIS PASS and to turn it in. I don't get people. I was sure the "finders keepers" law didn't extend past the 3rd grade schoolyard. Some people are so far beyond self-serving, it astounds me.

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, March 12, 2007 at 11:00:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so sorry that the guy didn't return your cards. I don't understand it either... if I accidently picked up something that belonged to someone else I'd feel guilty until I did give it back! It's something that isn't hard to do, but too often people just don't do the right thing. It stinks!

    However, I'm glad that GTA went good! That's so awesome! I hope the situation with the placement will work out somehow too. I'll be praying.

    TTYL
    Love
    Steph

     

Post a Comment

<< Home