Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Sunday, February 25, 2007

One more step...and an unexpected stumble

As I mentioned in this post a few days ago, I finally took a step of obedience in my faith by approaching the music pastor at church about the possibility of joining the worship team. Well, we had a chance to speak today for a few minutes after the service, and to my surprise, he told me that he would be more than happy to have me join. I was thrilled by this for two reasons:

1) I really felt like God has been leading me to take this step since I first came to GTA a couple of years ago. I love to sing, and now I get to bless the Lord by using my gift to (hopefully!) help someone reach a new level of closeness with the Lord.

2) I feel a little vindicated. After hearing my father tell me I can't sing last summer, I thought maybe it was time to just let it go...Clearly God had other plans. Please don't think for a second that I intend to throw this back at my father in any way. I won't. I'm not doing this to prove to people that they were wrong about me...I'm doing this because God wants me to. Truth is, I really have no idea what His reasons are yet. I'll find out when it's time, but for now, I'm just blessed to have the opportunity.

Cut to me driving from the church to the bus stop...About 3 or so minutes after I get onto the sidewalk, I LITERALLY blew a wheel on my chair! (Stop laughing...I'm serious!) Yep..the back right wheel comes right off. So there's me, alone on the sidewalk, in the freezing rain, praying that I make it home on 5 wheels (with the stray wheel on my lap, of course). I did manage to get home safely (although I did get stuck twice) despite the fact that my hands were frozen solid and my hair was full of ice pellets.

My chair is fine. I called for an emergency repair and the stray wheel was fixed (don't ask me how this happened, I have NO clue! Chalk it up to an angry devil I guess...).

Needless to say, this is one Sunday I won't forget for awhile...

4 Comments:

  • At Sunday, February 25, 2007 at 10:57:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, let him get mad ... use your voice. I'm so happy for you.

    Sherry

     
  • At Monday, February 26, 2007 at 8:03:00 AM EST, Blogger Jamie A. Grant said…

    Oh, burn! What a wonderfully bad day. Good news about singing mixed with a bad vehicle mishap. Reminds me of the night my car window got smashed. Heh.

     
  • At Monday, February 26, 2007 at 2:50:00 PM EST, Blogger Ashleigh said…

    How did I know I had a "burn" headed my way...hahaha!

    Hey yeah, I almost forgot about the winow thing. Except the difference here is, if I loose my wheels, I loose my freedom...

    Good thing there are emrgency service calls, that's all I have to say...and covered by ODSP to boot.

    As far as the singing goes, I think I have a good idea as to where Tim will fit me in, but I need to wait to hear back from him to know for sure. I have a lot to catch up on though...6 r 7 CD's...yikes!

     
  • At Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 12:24:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry to hear about the chair (although glad it was fixable), but I'm rejoicing about the singing! How awesome and exciting!

    ~Steph

    PS I'm getting ready to update my blogger.... I may not be on as much this week and the explanation will be there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home