Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Trials, Tears, and Tiny Triumphs...

To say that this week has been rough would be a gross understatement. It all started a week ago Saturday when my younger sister came to stay with me for a while, until she could find her own place. She wasn't here 3 days beforeit became abundantly clear that this arrangement was just not going to work. We have never gotten along, so I guess it was kind of stupid of me to even agree to let her stay, though I really felt I had no other choice at the time. I mean, she called me falling apart, begging to come here and stay with me because I could help her get back on the right track. I thought this might be the answer to a long-standing prayer, and that this could be my opportunity to finally share Christ with her. WRONG...I won't go into details, but let's just say I feel used. I know I did the right thing by askind her to leave, but part of me still feels like I failed in some way, like if I had done and said some things differently, maybe things would have gone better...I'll never know. All I can do now is pray that God will open up another door for her and the rest of my family at some point.

In the midst of all of this there has been some good news...I think I may have finally found the right combination of meds to help keep me pain free enough to really focus on school without wondering when of if I'll be forced to leave early because of a serious bout of pain. This isn't the complete answer though...I have a feeling that will only happen though surgery, which, I know, sounds bad, but at least with surgery you suffer through the recovery process and then it's over. Chronic issues are much more straining physically and emotionally. I've been dealing with this leg issue since July 2005 and I'm spent already. I say, put me on that table already.

Here's hoping that when I look back over this and other blogs at the end of the year, I'll be able to see that all of the tears I have shed over the course of this week have been worth it. I know God is in the middle of all of this, it's just more frustrating than I anticipated not knowing what He is doing...Although, I do know one thing for sure...

Romans 8:28--And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[a] who[b] have been called according to his purpose-- courtesy BibleGateway.com

7 Comments:

  • At Monday, January 22, 2007 at 11:08:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the update... I'm glad your pain is less and I'm sorry to hear things didn't go well with your sister.

    Love you bunches, and I'm so thankful to have you in my life!

    Steph

     
  • At Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 12:17:00 AM EST, Blogger Ashleigh said…

    Thanks Steph, I feel the same about you too! Please pray for me tomorrow if you remember. I'll be running on about 5 hours of sleep, and I have to find time somewhere tomorrow to do and English response paper that's due on Wednesday. I've been sick all weeek (I'm pretty sure I've got bronchitis), and so I haven't been able to do it.

    Also, there was a HUGE mix-up on Friday with my attemdant care (no one showed up to help me get up in the morning for school, and when someone FINALLY did show...I realized I had no voice, so I missed school on Friday. Please pray that either my profs or another student will help me get the notes I missed. I know that doesn't seem like much, but my profs don't like to do that generally, and I don't know anyone in my classes really. All of my friends are already finished the program...

    Wow...this "comment" turned into an e-mail...Oops...I'll send you a real e-mail tomorrow if I can remember. I have something I need to talk to you about.

    LOVE YOU!!!!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 5:15:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The past two weeks you have been facing spiritual warfare -- physica pain, your faith being openly criticized by the people you hold dearest to you, financial difficulties and dealing with gov't red tape. What did you do with all that challenge? That second phone call -- late at night last week -- you cried because you feared failing God. Christ was at the center of your thoughts and words when most people would have given up.

    Ash, you are example of when a person has been faced with multiple life challenges over a long period of time and comes to allow themselves to surrender to God's Lordship and chosen to get in His Word and pray. The spiritual growth I've prayed for in the past 6 months revealed itself that night.

    Does that mean you will stop having battles? If that were true, then you wouldn't have to deal with snow and para-transit. You wouldn't have to miss church or fellowship. I know you will call on your spiritual family in the difficult moments to lift you up, to encourage, but know also ... you are lifting up us, encouraging us too. We are witnesses to your incredible journey into spiritual maturity.

    The Lord will use your heart, your talents with children, your willingness to speak up when needed and He will use you to let His light shine.

    Love you Darling

     
  • At Friday, January 26, 2007 at 4:22:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with all that the wise person above me said. ((((hug)))
    ~Steph

     
  • At Friday, January 26, 2007 at 8:08:00 PM EST, Blogger Ashleigh said…

    That "wise person" is the incredibly amazing Sherry....Her words truly touched me.

    I could never have made it through these past couple of months without my God-centred friends holding me up.

    Thank you all (I hope y'all know who you are...you should, I try to tell you as often as I can how much y'all mean to me)!

     
  • At Saturday, January 27, 2007 at 1:05:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a hunch it was Sherry. :)

     
  • At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 at 1:38:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! I was just going to let you know I have your email and I'll try to answer before the end of the week! I have a dr appointment tomorrow to find out about my MRI. I'll let you know about that soon too!

    Love you bunches!

    Steph

     

Post a Comment

<< Home