Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Putting the Word to work...(ppg 139, 155,)

Putting the Word to Work (pg 139)

We all need regular Sabbaths in our lives (see Exodus 31:14)--times of rest, relaxation, refreshing and renewal. Do you incorporate such times of refreshing in your life? If so, keep it up! If not, what changes can you make in your schedule so that you can have regular times of rest and renewal?

I do the best I can, every Sunday, to spend as much time with God as I can. Whether it be, church, reading His word, or just listening to some really uplifting worship music. I find that, for me, this is the best way to become refreshed and renewed. Admittedly though, there are days where I allow myself to be distracted by things that I shouldn't, and I fail to do the things that I know I need to do. I've decided to make a more concerted effort to stay focused on the right things.


Putting the Word to Work (pg 155)

The cloud that led the Iraelites on their journey (see Exodus 40:36-38) symbolises the leading of the Holy Spirit in our lives today. Are you following the "cloud" in your life, patiently waiting on God to lead you on the next phase of your journey and being quick to obey when He does?

I'll be honest and say that I'm not sure where God is leading me right now. I had thought that He was leading me to return to school in January (maybe He still is), but since I can't afford to without a miracle of some sort (which I believe God is FULLY capable of), I'm not exactly sure that school is the road that He intends for me to take right now. Overall, I really feel God leading me to sing more, and also to be actively involved in the cause of full inclusion for people with disabilities (like me) in situations where they might otherwise not be able to participate in. I felt God say to me that since I know what ewxclusion feels like first hand, that I have the power to make some changesm if I follow Him closely.


**"Putting the Word to Work" is found in the Everyday Life Bible (notes and commentary by Joyce Meyer).**

May God bless you as you read and ponder these questions for yourself.

-Ashleigh

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home