Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My thoughts on Friday and beyond...

I just have a few things to say about this whole Kelly & Clay incident that took place on Friday morning. First off, let me be clear and say that I DO NOT condone putting your hand on someone's face, joking or not. However, as I understand it, Clay was quick to apologize after the show went off the air, and Kelly had apparently accepted said apology, according to the friend of a guest who appeared on the show on Friday, who heard the apology take place.

After that, you would think the issue would be over with, right? It should have been, but, for some reason, Kelly felt the need to stew over it all weekend and then use Monday's show as her own personal platform, and call Clay "unprofessional" and "inappropriate". In my opinion, this was absolutely uncalled for. To be these were the actions of someone trying to intentionally deface Clay. As I said, she had almost 3 days to t hink about how, if at all, she would respond to this on the show. This is truly the definition of "unprofessional".

As if this wasn't bad enough, the ladies of "The View" discussed it this morning. Now, me in my nievete, had hoped that, perhaps, since Clay has always been so well received on "The View", that they might actually defend him. Again, not to condone his actions, but to say, at the very least, that Kelly reacting the way she did was highly un-called for. Unfortunately, this is not what happened. Instead, what I saw was Rosie O'Donnell basically "out" Clay, by suggesting that Kelly reacted the way she did because of the question surrounding Clay's sexuality. If I recall correctly, Rosie actually said Clay was gay, in a round-about way...which was WAY inappropriate. Granted, that question will ALWAYS surround Clay, but to suggest that what happened was a result of Kelly's opinion of Clay's sexuality is ridiculous.

One thing is for sure, I will be praying for all those involved.

God bless,

-Ashleigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home