Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Friday, November 17, 2006

Putting the Word to work...

As I mentioned yesterday, I will be posting my responses to the questions posed in the "Putting the Word To Work" sections of the Everyday Life Bible as a way of documenting my own growth as I read (a personal Bible study of sorts. The questions, themselves, will also be posted in the event that anyone reading this would want to answer them for themselves. I will probably post two or three questions at a time from here on out. My prayer is that my answers might be a blessing to someone else in some way.


Putting the Word to Work (pg 47)

When Isaac was old and sick, his son Jacob deceived him into thinking that he (Jacob) was his brother Esau (see Genesis 27:30-32. That way, Jacob tricked Isaac into giving him the birthright that should have gone to Esasu. Have you, like Isaac, ever been deceived by someone? Have you forgiven that person?

I have been deceived by a few people in my life. I can't remember specific moments as I right this, but there are times when I will run into someone that has deceived or hurt me in the past, and still feel some betterness towards them, even though I had thought that I had completely forgiven that person. When that happens, I try to remind myself to just give it to God, and let Him do the things in me that I may not have the strength to do in my own power in that moment.


Putting the Word to Work (pg 50)

The Bible indicates that Leah was not nearly as beautiful or desirable as Rachel (see Genesis 29:17). Have you ever felt rejected as she must have? Remember that God loves you; He wants you, and He has an awesome plan for your life!

I have felt rejected and discouraged a number of times in my life. Sometimes I feel like I am not taken seriously because I have a disability; Or, there are times, when I don't feel like I am seen at all because of it. It feels, sometimes, as if people just can't get past the wheelchair. It's very frustrating, especially since I have dreams to be able to make a living singing and/or acting someday. When I get discouraged, I try to remind myself that there IS a plan for me (despite what the enemy tries to tell me on an almost daily basis), and that I just need to stay faithful and wait on Him to reveal it to me. I know that His plan is far more wonderful than anything I could ever dream possible.


Putting the Word to Work (pg 59)

Have you, like Dinah, ever been an innocent victim? I can assure you that even in the worst circumstances, God gives us grace to forgive, so that we can go on with our lives.

I have definitely felt victimized in my life. Sometimes by my sister, or my parents, or even my disability. In recent months, I have, on more than one occasion, asked God why it is that He is having me go through such a trial. He's not given me a clear response to this question yet, but I need to have faith that He will work everything together for good eventually. As for my family, I believe that they did, and DO, the best they can with what they know, and that I am loved.

-Ashleigh

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, November 17, 2006 at 5:15:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm signing this anonymously b/c for some reason it is giving me fits to sign in as a blogger or google member. Don't ask me why.... I don't know! LOL.

    I'm going to try to answer these questions to you in a PM later (when I have more time to put thought into them). A lot of them have really spoke to me and I thank you for sharing.

    I'll talk to you soon!

    Love ya,
    Steph

    PS I think my blog link works now for everyone.. if it doesn't let me know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home