Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Another Day

Another day is over, and I have to say, it's been a very good one overall. I attended my church's weekly Alpha course as I do every Monday night, even though I wasn't sure I would make it, since, stupid me forgot that today was Monday and didn't have my chair plugged in last night...ergo...not enough battery juice to get to and from the church. Thank goodness Karen offered to drive me. Last week was the first week that I noticed that the "Everyday Life" Bible by Joyce Meyer (love her!), was up for sale. Since I'm perpetually broke at the moment, though, I made a mental note to myself to pick up a copy as soon as I could scrounge up the $47. Then tonight when everything had finished, and Karen and I were on our way back to my place, she hands me a gift bag and t ells me that it's from someone at our table. So I open it, and imagine my shock when I see the "Everyday Life" Bible inside! I couldn't believe the generosity of this person...I merely mentioned that I would like to buy it eventually in passing, so for this person (not Karen, someone else at my table) to do something so incredibly sweet for me, really made me realize hoe special the people are that attend GTA.

This isn't the first time someone at GTA has reached out to help me...A very sweet, young married couple invited me to join their home Bible study group almost out of the blue, despite the fact that there are a number of stairs leading up to their home. I am so grateful to God for opening these doors for me, and bringing such wonderful people into my life. I can honestly say that I truly feel accepted among the people at GTA, and I haven't felt that since the last time I attended Northwood Easter Seal Camp (it closed in January of 2002, but has since been re-opened as a Bible camp.)

I have decided not to bring up what happened on Saturday to the team leader here. Instead, I felt God leading me to start keepin thorough records of what happens during my shower bookings. If I see any negative patterns of any kind, THEN I will bring it to her attention.

-Ashleigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home