Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I've been wondering....

I've made it clear in previous posts, that there is one attendant working in my building that I am less than confortable with, and if I had my way, I would not deal with her. Unfortunately, despite the issues that this person and I have had, it has been made clear to me that I really don't have a choice. That got me thinking about a few things....I know that in most, if not all, assisted living situations where there are attendants on site, you basically have to accept care from whoever is scheduled, or you just don't get your needs met at that time. That's fine, I get that. What I don't understand is why I am not able to be notified ahead of time who it is that is scheduled to handle my care at any given time. I could be wrong, but I think this may be one of the only companies that does NOT allow the clients that kind of information ahead of time. When I go to visit my parents in North Bay, for example, I schedule services so that my mother doesn't have to worry about it (I'm an adult now...she shouldn't have to). When I receive the schedule that has the times that my services are booked for, I can also see who is scheduled to come in. I like that. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the attendant care in the special apartment in North Bay works the same way.

I don't think I'm too far out of line asking for this. I mean, it's MY home, don't I have the right to know who will be coming into MY home. Yes, I know that there will be times that I'll be forced to deal with people I don't necessarily like, I have no issue with that. I would just like some advance notice. Is that so bad?

On another note, I'm considering taking the advice of a friend of mine and posting some things on YouTube, just to get some general feedback on my voice. Ooooh scary! Me on the World Stage! But first I need to find a decent micophone (the one I have is ancient), and good recording/editing software...

God bless,

-Ashleigh

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home