Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Patience is a virtue...

Something interesting happened to me as I was reading my Bible a few minutes ago...Earlier tonight, I was feeling slightly discouraged after returning home from my weekly cell (Bible study/fellowship) group. Near the end, everyone got to talking about the new and exciting ventures that God has them taking, and I couldn't help but feel a little like I have somehow fallen behind. Don't get me wrong, I believe that God has an incredible plan for my life that will allow me to use ALL of the gifts He has given me, I just feel like I missed an instruction somwhere, and because of this my journey has stalled indefinitely.

Then, as I was reading a few minutes ago, I came across a couple of sentences in one of the commentaries that seemed to literally jump off the page and into my spirit. It reads like this:

"...While we are waiting for our manifestation to come forth--waiting for a breakthrough--we may grow frustrated or impatient. Sitting in the waiting room of life is not always easy ....Whether you know it or not, God is busy bringing good things to pass for you, right this minute! Just give Him time, and you will see." The Everyday Life Bible--Joyce Meyer (page 26)

Deep down, I believe that I always knew this, I just need to have it reinforced from time to time. I'm still frustrated at the slow pace of my life these days, but I have a feeling all of that is about to change.

God bless,

-Ashleigh

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home