Prayer, Purpose & Passion

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Putting the Word to work...EXODUS (ppg 89. 103. 115)

The following questions were taken from the Everyday Life Bible. A version of the Amplified Bible, adapted with notes and commentary, by world reknowned evangelist, Joyce Meyer.


Putting the Word to Work (pg 89)

When the Hebrew midwives had to choose between fearing God, and obeying the orders of the king of Egypt, they chose to fear God (see Exodus 1:15-17). How will you respond when you are faced with a choice between pleasing man and obeying God?

Truthfully, I am faced with a situation like this everytime I visit my family. Since none of them are saved, they don't understand where I'm coming from. I'm, very often, faced with jokes and have even, at times, been accused of thinking that I am better than them. There have been times where I hae felt like if I obeyed God, and was involved in the church the way I knew in my heart that He wanted me to be, then I was. somehow, displeasing or dishonoring my family. I keep praying that they will, one day, come to know the Lord, but until then, I have to pray for the strength and courage to stay faithful in the things that God wants for me.

Putting the Word to Work (pg 103)

Do you need favor with the people you work for, as the Israelites did in the sight of the Egyptians? Ask God to give you the favor you need, just as He gave the Israelites favor in the eyes of their taskmasters so long ago (see Exodus 11:3)

I don't necessarily need favor from someone I work for, but I believe I do need favor from one of the personal care attendants that works in my apartment building. There have been a number od extremely tense and just overall uncomfortable situatiions that I believe could be made better by the favor of the Lord.


Putting the Word to Work (pg 115)

If you are in a position of leadership, do you have people who will be as Aaron and Hur to you, strengthening you when you are weary? If not, ask God to give you people like that in your life.

I am blessed to have a number of people around me now, that are as Aaron and Hur to me, strengthening me when I am weary. If it weren't for people like Sherry and Stepanie (and other wonderful Christian people ay Simply Clay), along with some wonderful people that I have met through my church, I would not be nearly as strong in the Lord as I am today. These wonderful people have only recently come into my life, so I remember all to well what it was to feel like I was alone in this journey. I have also had the devil try many times to attack me through other people that I perceived to be friends at the time. Needless to say, I feel very blessed to have the wonderful people in my life that I do, and my prayer is that I can be as much a blessing to them as they have been to me.


To those of you who are joining me in answeing these questions ( I know of one person so far.) If you feel confortable, please leave a comment, or send an e-mail to asdobbs@rogers.com, letting me know that you are participating. I am just curious to see if there are others reading this that have been as blessed by this as I have been.

-Ashleigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home